new install unresponsive and overwrites "wrong" files

clemens.ager

11 Nov, 2018 04:30 PM

I just got the newest flux (7.1.11) and installed it on a new Macbook pro (Mojave, up to date). So far I am just learning but unfortunately there seems something wrong with my setup that keeps me from doing anything productive. I encountered following problems - I suppose they may be linked.

• following the "Flux 6 CSS Workflow"(Unfortunately I was only finding the videos for flux 6) adding inner and outer margins margins. There is some text at the bottom of the page - however the useful blue rectangles showing the margin are not displayed. When I close the file and reopen it they are there, but do not change if I resize - I need to close and reopen the file.

• I experimented with a theme that had an scss file. In the WYSIWYG when I click the SASS symbol I can edit it. However it does not seem to get compiled. No matter what combinations I click. Also I notice if I open it via double click in the site view a completely empty file opens, also unable to compile there. Should I save it there the sass file in the WYSIWYG view is empty.

• When I switch in WYSIWYG the view mobile the html and body frame overlap the button to switch back to desktop or sometimes even the main menu.

• The save window is white text on almost white grey.

• There is an issue that I can't reproduce but happened 5 times over the last two days where the css file would be saved under the name of the html file (that really must not happen!)

• I had several crashes of the app (only a few I submitted)

Maybe it has to do that I'm in german locale.

It would be great if you could help me get flux setup so I can some work done.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with The Escapers please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Nov, 2018 01:34 PM
11 Nov, 2018 04:30 PM
27 Sep, 2018 11:32 PM