Ideas App - request video tutorials and users guide.

robpayne

05 Apr, 2018 07:25 PM

Hey Escapers,

Thank you for the opportunity to begin trying your new product out.

Just purchased ideas a short while ago. Appears "ideas" has many easy / quickly figure out (how to use features; however many that are not so apparent. Surely there are a few how-to tutorial videos and/or some sort of guide/user's manual. Please advise ASAP.

Q1: Can easily add a text box, move, resize, link, add text and change format, however, not able to figure out how to delete a text box? - A1: Oh, I see, unlike many other items where you right-click to reveal the delete option; for a text box you need to simultaneously command key while right-clicking lower right-hand corner of the text box (to bring up the delete option.

Q2: Can add a chart, change Title, X and Y axis headings, but not yet figured out to how add data/import into charts? Do you drag and drop an excel table?

3. Looks like one can create multiple tabs in each booklet? How do you create new tabs? Can you link items between tabs?

Given enough trial and error (time) I am sure stuff like the above can be figured out - I am just hoping there is a source to turn to so I do not have to as I'd much rather spend my time (and $) on apps that assist me in making "good stuff" with having to figure Graphic User Interface's ( GUI) the basic and advanced features out.

Am I too much on the "leading/bleeding"edge for there to have already been developed a user's guide and/or how to use video tutorials?

Cheers,

Robert

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by us on 06 Apr, 2018 12:30 AM

Hi Rob,
    I’ll be working on some tutorials today.

For the charts, you link them to data sources. Add a “Simple Data Source” from the Insert menu, and connect it to a chart with a link line. No Excel import right now, but interesting idea, I’ll think about that.

For a new tab, choose “New Page” from the File menu.

It’s early days for Ideas at the moment, we’ve still not got as much content out there as we’d like, but I’m working on it.

Cheers

Garry

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with The Escapers please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Nov, 2018 01:34 PM
11 Nov, 2018 04:30 PM
27 Sep, 2018 11:32 PM